Monday 30 March 2020, St Catherine's College, University of Oxford
Chairs: Dr Maxim Wolf and Dr Diana Limburg
Keynote speakers: Professor Laurence Brooks (Professor of Technology and Social Responsibility at De Montfort University) and Professor David Wainwright (Emeritus Professor of Information Systems at Newcastle Business School and Northumbria University)
The UKAIS consortium is a great opportunity for researchers undertaking an IS-related PhD or Professional Doctorate to gain input and feedback from senior IS researchers and peers. Research may be presented at any stage – from proposal to writing up.
The consortium provides:
· Small group, in-depth discussions, which focus on participants’ research issues, around both the object and method of the research;
· Understanding of work in progress by researchers active at PhD level in other universities;
· Identification of and learning from other research related to the participant's interests.
Consortium attendees are also entitled to a discounted fee for attending the main UKAIS conference (31 March and 1 April).
We invite PhD and professional doctorate students to submit a 500 - 1,000 word abstract summarising the aims, methods and relevancy of the research topic to UKAIS2020@gmail.com, with the subject heading ‘UKAIS PhD Consortium’. Will we endeavour to notify you of acceptance within two weeks of you submitting your abstract.
· Keynote speaker
· Groups of 4-5 students, facilitated by leading IS academics and UKAIS Board members
· Each student presents to their group for about 15 minutes, followed by discussion of 45 minutes for each presentation. You are required to actively participate for the full day.
· The cost of the PhD consortium, including evening dinner and student accommodation on the 30th of March, will be £235. Group discounts are available. Full booking details will be posted on the UKAIS 2020 Conference website.
· You are encouraged to attend the full UKAIS conference – a discount is available.