Monday 8 April 2019, St Catherine's College, University of Oxford
Chairs: Dr Robert Campbell and Dr Diana Limburg
Keynote speaker: Professor Guy Fitzgerald
The UKAIS consortium is a great opportunity for researchers undertaking an IS-related PhD or Professional Doctorate to gain input and feedback from senior IS researchers and peers. Research may be presented at any stage – from proposal to writing up.
The consortium provides:
· Small group, in-depth discussions, which focus on participants’ research issues, around both the object and method of the research;
· Understanding of work in progress by researchers active at PhD level in other universities;
· Identification of and learning from other research related to the participant's interests.
Consortium attendees are also entitled to a discounted fee for attending the main UKAIS conference (9 and 10 April).
We invite PhD and professional doctorate students to submit a 500-1,000 word abstract summarising the aims, methods and relevancy of the research topic by Friday 22nd February 2019 to UKAIS2019@gmail.com, with the subject heading ‘UKAIS PhD Consortium’. Will we endeavour to notify you of acceptance within two weeks of you submitting your abstract.
· Keynote speaker
· Groups of 4-5 students, facilitated by leading IS academics and UKAIS Board members
· Each student presents to their group for about 15 minutes, followed by discussion of 45 minutes for each presentation. You are required to actively participate for the full day.
· The cost of the PhD consortium, including evening dinner and student accommodation on the 8th of April, will be £235. Group discounts are available. Full booking details will be posted on the UKAIS 2019 Conference website.
· You are encouraged to attend the full UKAIS conference – a discount is available.